With the doors removed from the cab, I quickly realized I needed a jig of sorts to assist working on the doors. They’re heavy, big and awkward, I can’t remember if I had seen something like this on Stovebolt.com or not, but this is what I ended up creating.
On the bottom support theres a lip to let the door rest against without sliding down, and and the top will support both doors from the open window in a hanging fashion. I plan to use these supports to assist in sandblasting and painting – so they’re built pretty tough.
First I removed the hinges – they seemed to be wrapped in material, I’m not sure what that is yet. I’ll have to check with the Stovebolt.com guys.
Next to come off was the door trim allowing the track to be removed.
4 screws held the window to the track – removing these and the window slid out easily. (sorry – neglected to photograph it!)
The remaining hardware was easily removed by just removing the screws. No excessive rust, no broken bolts, the doors really did come apart easily.
The weather seal looks to be clipped on the sides of the doors and on the bottom it appears to be locked down by a strip screwed to the door itself.