Finally picked up a compressor capable of driving a bigger grinder, my paint gun and sand blaster if needed!
I had to give the radio a test fit – and it fit like a glove! I was slightly disappointed to find out the hole in the dash where the volume button slid through was drilled larger. This was to accomodate the replacement horn button the PO had installed. I’ll try to weld up a patch later. The buzzing of the vibrator can be felt in the dash – but once the engine is running – its hard to hear the humming – let alone the radio! 😛
Cleaned up the bed tonight – removed a lot of broken bolts and leftover fasteners which held down the wood. Removed the toolbox and the spare tire carrier.
And oh! I put the original horn in! Its not finished, but I had to hear it under the hood!
As tonight is the last night of school (body work) – I had planned to take the truck in for the class to see. I had to get the plates back on, with valid stickers. I missed the chance last night to do that, I was late getting to MTO.
At 9am this morning, I made my way to the MTO, got my plates, and was off back home to slap em on the truck! Only thing left to do now was get some gas and get to work! Oh ya- I had planned to take the truck to work as well.
1/2 way between my house and closest gas station – ran outta gas…. AGAIN. 2nd time in this truck! Yes the gauge works… I just hoped I had enough. 😛
Just added 1949chevy.com to my Stovebolt.com profile, and linked it to my facebook. Hope you enjoy my progress shots as much as I enjoy working on the truck!
Got the tarp off – threw the battery in – took it out of the backyard!
Bought this bad boy on the weekend…
Fixed a muffler already with it – can’t wait to pick up gas and put it to work on the ’49 body panels!
You can write what ever shit you want right here…